This position’s primary focus is to build relationships with potential TalkBox.Mom families. The goal of this position is to guide potential families through the sales process while providing a fun and helpful environment. The role is also a support role for our potential customers, to ensure we help them troubleshoot and move any obstacles that may be in the way of them starting the program. The number one goal of this position is to create outstanding customer experiences.
The Social Media Representative position is an advocate on behalf of our company to potential TalkBox.Mom families by representing the business on a very personal level. The position is also an advocate on behalf of our customers by monitoring conversations and providing feedback to our company.
This is a part-time position that reports directly to our Marketing Director, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
This is a virtual, work-from-home position. The Social Media Representative position isn’t a 9-5 job. This position involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to potential TalkBox.Mom families outside of normal work hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our Social Media Representative will primarily be responsible for:
- Managing our CRM
- Tracking relevant sales metrics
- Compiling and updating our Sales Responses Doc
- Welcoming new followers
- Establishing a relationship with potential families
- Sharing our lead magnets
- Following up with potential customers’ experiences
- Responding to potential customers’ questions
- Relaying questions outside for the Sales Response Doc for responses from Adelaide
- Creating solutions and new ideas for issues and broken processes based on feedback
- Identifying new content ideas that will help in the sales process
- Responding to comments in paid ads on Facebook and Instagram
- Reporting any change of sentiment, content suggestion, or member feedback to the proper team member
If you have experience in the following areas, it’s a PLUS!
- You have experience with Convertkit
- You have participated in the TalkBox.Mom program
- You have experience using Google Suite (mail, docs, drive, calendar), Monday.com, UpWork, and Help Scout.
Here’s what a typical day may look like:
- Welcoming new followers
- Following up with flagged conversations
- Relaying new questions to Adelaide
- Updating the Sales Response Document
- Talking to potential customers
- Updating the CRM
- Relaying similar Qs that need a video, PDF, or graphics to better answer the question
- Checking on purchases
- Guiding customers in their next two steps after purchase
Skills and Abilities
You are a strong fit for this position if the statements below are true for you:
- You fully embrace technology and dive into any opportunity to learn new systems and ways of doing things
- You’re hyper-focused on getting the details right — you don’t let little things slip through the cracks
- You delight in going over-the-top to make people happy, and always over-deliver
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
- You take relationships seriously and staying connected with people is a high priority for you in your life
- You do whatever it takes. The phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You do great work autonomously AND as part of a highly collaborative team
- You’re a born go-getter. You are always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, and build others up
- You are inherently compassionate and believe that most people are doing the very best they can
- You have experience in social media sales
- You understand and pick up technology basics quickly
- You’re an effective communicator, especially in writing
- Your grammar and writing skills are top-notch
- We prefer a Mac and iPhone user who is technologically savvy, quick to learn and an early adapter.
- You have an understanding of all major social media platforms
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please respond to [email protected] by December 8, 2019 with the following details:
- Step #1: Take your personality assessment here: www.16personalities.com
- Step #2: Email [email protected] with…
- Your assessment results from step #1
- Your resume
- 2-3 sentences on why we should hire you
- Please use the subject, “Social Media Representative” in the email
If you want to step into a role with great leadership opportunities, enjoy diving into all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you! What to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do
We help families to start talking in a foreign language the exact same day they start.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping families to actually be able to use a foreign language every single day through our TalkBox.Mom subscription boxes, phrasebooks, and companion app with native speaker audio.
We lead a fun-loving, dedicated team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Adelaide Olguin from speaking at the Great Homeschool Conventions and other educational conferences, or from the TalkBox.Mom program and webinars she offers to help families to start talking in a foreign language. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our Team Values
- Excellence and Pride in our Work: If we’re going to do it, we’re going to put all our talent and love into it, and we’re going to finish it all the way.
- Commitment: To our projects, our processes, our deadlines, our TalkBox.Mom families, our team, and our own families
- Team Player: We work hard to reach our goals as a team. We respect each other. We strengthen each other. And we don’t leave each other hanging.
- Growth Oriented: for our company, our expertise, our family, and ourselves.
- Honesty: We feel comfortable telling each other how it really is and hearing that same feedback too!
- Good Food and Fun: What would life be without this?!
Team TalkBox.Mom Perks
Did we forget to mention all of the TalkBox.Mom perks? We’re fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation along with ample company paid holidays.
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
What can we say? We really like each other! We like to work hard and play hard!
Plus you’ll be workin’ for Adelaide Olguin!
Forget the traditional corporate culture. Adelaide left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At TalkBox.Mom, we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities, so let us know where you want be, and we’ll send you there!