Available Positions: 4
Locations: Nationwide USA
Type: Contractor – part-time
In 2020, TalkBox.Mom will exhibit at various conferences nationwide. This position’s primary focus is to build relationships with potential TalkBox.Mom families at these events. The goal of this position is to guide potential families through the sales process while providing a fun and helpful environment.
The role is also a support role for our potential customers, to ensure we help them troubleshoot and move any obstacles that may be in the way of them starting the program. The number one goal of this position is to create outstanding customer experiences.
The Conference Representative position is an advocate on behalf of our company to potential TalkBox.Mom families by representing the business on a very personal level. The position is also an advocate on behalf of our customers by monitoring conversations and providing feedback to our company.
This is a part-time, contractor position that reports directly to our Marketing Director, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
This is a traveling position. This position involves travel on Wednesday, conference setup Thursday morning, conference work Thursday evening, Friday and Saturday, conference booth tear down Saturday evening and return travel on Saturday evening or Sunday.
Most conferences are three days, Thursday – Saturday. Some conferences will require one team members and the larger conferences will require two team members.
We will also hold a paid 2 day team training in Dallas, TX on February 6th & 7th, 2020 prior to the start of the conference season
The current conference schedule is listed below (subject to change).
**You do not have to attend every single event. We are building a team and dividing the events among the team.**
- Nashville, TN – February 27-29, 2020 – Teach Them Diligently
- Fort Worth, TX – March 12-14, 2020 – Great Homeschool Conference
- Greenville, SC – March 19-21, 2020 – Great Homeschool Conference
- Rogers, AR – March 26-28, 2020 – Teach Them Diligently
- St. Charles, MO – March 26-28, 2020 – Great Homeschool Conference
- Edwards, IL – March 27-28, 2020 – APACHE
- Waco, TX – April 2-4, 2020 – Teach Them Diligently
- Cincinnati, OH – April 16-18, 2020 – Great Homeschool Conference
- Soldotna, AK – April 28, 2020- IDEA
- Anchorage, AK – April 30 – May 1, 2020 – IDEA
- Fairbanks, AK – May 4-5, 2020 – IDEA
- Juneau, AK – May 7, 2020 – IDEA
- Columbus, OH – May 28-30, 2020 – Teach Them Diligently
- Atlanta, GA – June 11-13, 2020 – Teach Them Diligently
- Richmond, VA – June 11-13, 2020 – HEAV
- Atlanta, GA – June 11-13, 2020 – Teach Them Diligently
- Phoenix, AZ – June 12-13, 2020 – EESA
- Ontario, CA – June 18-20, 2020 – Great Homeschool Conference
- Jacksonville, FL – June 25-27, 2020 – Great Homeschool Conference
- Phoenix, AZ – July 10-11, 2020 – AFHE
- Rochester, NY – July 30 – August 1, 2020 – Great Homeschool Conference
Duties and Responsibilities
Our Conference Representative will primarily be responsible for:
- Greeting and explaining the TalkBox.Mom program to potential TalkBox.Mom families
- Assisting customers to complete purchases at conferences
- Conference booth setup and tear down
If you have experience in the following areas, it’s a BIG PLUS!
- Using TalkBox.Mom with your family!
- Homeschooling experience
Here’s what a typical day may look like:
- Wednesday: travel to conference location
- Thursday morning: conference booth setup
- Thursday evening 5-9pm: work at the TalkBox.Mom booth
- Friday 9 am – 8 pm: work at the TalkBox.Mom booth
- Saturday 9 am – 5 pm: work at the TalkBox.Mom booth
- Saturday 5 – 6:30 pm: tear down booth
- Sunday: travel home
Skills and Abilities
You are a strong fit for this position if the statements below are true for you:
- You delight in going over-the-top to make people happy, and always over-deliver
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
- You take relationships seriously and staying connected with people is a high priority for you in your life
- You do whatever it takes. The phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You do great work autonomously AND as part of a highly collaborative team
- You’re a born go-getter. You are always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, and build others up
- You are inherently compassionate and believe that most people are doing the very best they can
- Comfortable working an Apple tablet to process customer orders
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Fun, outgoing, friendly personality
- Experience with the TalkBox.Mom program or desire to quickly learn
- $700 for each conference
- $60 per day for incidentals
- Flights and hotel rooms covered
What We Do
We help families to start talking in a foreign language the exact same day they start.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping families to actually be able to use a foreign language every single day through our TalkBox.Mom subscription boxes, phrasebooks, and companion app with native speaker audio.
We lead a fun-loving, dedicated team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Adelaide Olguin from speaking at the Great Homeschool Conventions and other educational conferences, or from the TalkBox.Mom program and webinars she offers to help families to start talking in a foreign language. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our Team Values
- Excellence and Pride in our Work: If we’re going to do it, we’re going to put all our talent and love into it, and we’re going to finish it all the way.
- Commitment: To our projects, our processes, our deadlines, our TalkBox.Mom families, our team, and our own families
- Team Player: We work hard to reach our goals as a team. We respect each other. We strengthen each other. And we don’t leave each other hanging.
- Growth Oriented: for our company, our expertise, our family, and ourselves.
- Honesty: We feel comfortable telling each other how it really is and hearing that same feedback too!
- Good Food and Fun: What would life be without this?!
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please respond to [email protected] by December 8, 2020 with the following details:
- Step #1: Take your personality assessment here: www.16personalities.com
- Step #2: Email [email protected] with…
- Your assessment results from step #1
- Your resume
- 2-3 sentences on why we should hire you
- A list of any homeschool or education conferences you have attended
- Please use the subject, “Conference Representative” in the email
If you want to step into a role with a ton of potential, like to dig in and get stuff done and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this is the role for you![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]