This position’s primary focus is to create a fun, healthy and helpful environment for our TalkBox.Mom families. The goal for this position it to help families connect with each other and to facilitate, strengthen, and encourage those relationships. The role is also a support role for our families, to ensure we help them troubleshoot and move any obstacles that may be in the way of them seeing true success. The number one goal of this position is to create outstanding customer experiences.
The Community Manager position is an advocate on behalf of our company to our members by representing the business on a very personal level. The position is also an advocate on behalf of our customers by monitoring conversations and providing feedback to our company.
This is a part-time position that reports directly to our Integrator, while also working closely with other key members of the team.
This is a virtual, work-from-home position. The Community Manager position isn’t a 9-5 job. This position involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to community members outside of normal work hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
Our Community Manager will primarily be responsible for:
- Adding and removing members from the community
- Welcoming new members
- Establishing community culture
- Moderating community content
- Responding to comments and customer queries
- Providing customer support to community members
- Gathering testimonials and feedback produced in the community
- Introducing community members to each other
- Developing and enforcing community guidelines and policies
- Creating solutions and new ideas for issues and broken processes based on community feedback
- Identifying and tracking relevant community metrics
- Posting key weekly posts, like the weekly Accountability Announcement and Q&A Question Collection
- Supporting Adelaide on her FB Live broadcasts inside the groups and on her Business Page, as well as live webinars
- Selecting the Hotshot winner each week
- Reporting any change of sentiment, content suggestion, or member feedback to the proper team member
If you have experience in the following areas, it’s a PLUS!
- You have experience with Convertkit
- You have participated in the TalkBox.Mom program
- You have experience using Google Suite (mail, docs, drive, calendar), Monday.com, UpWork, and Help Scout.
Here’s what a typical day may look like:
- Welcome new members and answer any questions they may have
- Answer private messages from community members
- Read through posts and comments, pointing people to helpful content, other members, or the TalkBox.Mom team
- Monitor community content for feedback loops
- Review any posts made over the weekend that have zero comments, and provide assistance or tag other community members who can help
- Create a weekly accountability post, giving established members a chance to connect, and newbies an easy opportunity to participate in the group
- Moderate posts and comments, making sure they are in line with our community guidelines. Reach out privately to anyone who is not abiding by the rules
- Resolve any personal issues members might have with each other
- Listen to new IGTV episodes and any other content recently published via TalkBox.Mom to to stay up-to-date on the latest content
- Create a community event for our weekly Live Q&A Sessions and invite members to post their questions in advance
Identify weekly student superstars and write and send personalized notes to them
Skills and Abilities
You are a strong fit for this position if the statements below are true for you:
- You fully embrace technology and dive into any opportunity to learn new systems and ways of doing things
- You’re hyper focused on getting the details right — you don’t let little things slip through the cracks
- You delight in going over-the-top to make people happy, and always over-deliver
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
- You take relationships seriously and staying connected with people is a high priority for you in your life
- You do whatever it takes. The phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You do great work autonomously AND as part of a highly collaborative team
- You’re a born go-getter. You are always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, and build others up
- You are inherently compassionate and believe that most people are doing the very best they can
- You have experience in customer support
- You understand and pick up technology basics quickly
- You’re an effective communicator, especially in writing
- Your grammar and writing skills are top notch
- We prefer a Mac and iPhone user who is technologically savvy, quick to learn and an early adapter.
- You have an understanding of all major social media platforms
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please respond to [email protected] by December 8, 2019 with the following details:
- Step #1: Take your personality assessment here: www.16personalities.com
- Step #2: Email [email protected] with…
- Your Assessment results from step #1
- Your resume
- 2-3 sentences on why we should hire you
- A Facebook Group you engage in regularly and a short explanation as to why you enjoy the group
- Please use the subject, “Community Manager” in the email
If you want to step into a role with great leadership opportunities, enjoy diving into all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you! What to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do
We help families to start talking in a foreign language the exact same day they start.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping families to actually be able to use a foreign language every single day through our TalkBox.Mom subscription boxes, phrasebooks, and companion app with native speaker audio.
We lead a fun-loving, dedicated team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Adelaide Olguin from speaking at the Great Homeschool Conventions and other educational conferences, or from the TalkBox.Mom program and webinars she offers to help families to start talking in a foreign language. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our Team Values
- Excellence and Pride in our Work: If we’re going to do it, we’re going to put all our talent and love into it, and we’re going to finish it all the way.
- Commitment: To our projects, our processes, our deadlines, our TalkBox.Mom families, our team, and our own families
- Team Player: We work hard to reach our goals as a team. We respect each other. We strengthen each other. And we don’t leave each other hanging.
- Growth Oriented: for our company, our expertise, our family, and ourselves.
- Honesty: We feel comfortable telling each other how it really is and hearing that same feedback too!
- Good Food and Fun: What would life be without this?!
Team TalkBox.Mom Perks
Did we forget to mention all of the TalkBox.Mom perks? We’re fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation along with ample company paid holidays.
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
What can we say? We really like each other! We like to work hard and play hard!
Plus you’ll be workin’ for Adelaide Olguin!
Forget the traditional corporate culture. Adelaide left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At TalkBox.Mom, we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities, so let us know where you want be, and we’ll send you there!