As the Inventory & Assembly Specialist, you will play a crucial role in ensuring our products are assembled efficiently and our inventory remains accurate. Your primary responsibilities will include forecasting, order management, quality control, managing the assembly team, monitoring lead times and costs, documenting processes, and collaborating with various teams to provide exceptional customer service.
HOURS & PLACE OF WORK
This is a part-time role (20 hours per week). For this role, you’ll need to live in or near Dallas and work in our office in Farmers Branch, Texas (635 + 35E). Typical hours for this role are between 9 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Inventory & Assembly Specialist is primarily responsible for:
- Forecasting and Order Planning:
- Utilize sales data and subscription reports to forecast product demand for the next month.
- Based on the forecast, determine the required materials and components for assembly.
- Create a comprehensive assembly plan to ensure all products are assembled within specified deadlines.
- Placing Orders:
- Manage a virtual assistant responsible for ordering prints and creating purchase orders in SOS, ensuring timely deliveries based on vendors’ lead times.
- Perform quality assurance checks on orders before they are placed, verifying product specifications.
- Receiving Orders & Performing Quality Assurance:
- Collaborate with the designer and Customer Service Specialist to maintain print quality standards.
- Identify prints that do not meet quality standards.
- Work with vendors to process returns and obtain reprints or refunds for defective prints.
- Receive orders that meet quality standards in SOS to maintain accurate inventory records.
- Assembling & Managing the Assembly Team:
- Recruit and onboard assembly team members to ensure an adequate workforce.
- Develop daily assembly plans based on monthly forecasts.
- Supervise contractors’ work and performance to maintain efficient assembly processes.
- Assemble products.
- Monitoring Vendor Lead Time and Costs:
- Document vendors’ lead times in SOS and regularly update as needed.
- Notify the manager of any changes in costs that may impact profit margins.
- Request quotes from vendors to obtain the best lead times and cost-effective options.
- Documenting Processes:
- Update and maintain standard operating procedures related to inventory management and assembly.
- Ensure all assembly and inventory-related processes are well-documented and easily accessible.
- Monitoring Orders in WooCommerce (webshop) and ShipHero (fulfillment software):
- Monitor daily order fulfillment from our warehouse or fulfillment center.
- Keep track of order statuses and address any potential issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with the Customer Service Team:
- Process international bundle requests and provide shipping fee estimates for international shipments.
- Conduct quality checks on returned products and adjust inventory accordingly.
- Ship replacements for returned items promptly.
- Quality Communication: The Inventory & Assembly Specialist must be an excellent communicator in both written and oral form. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, chat messages, text messages and/or emails.
- Team Player: The Inventory & Assembly Specialist will work with members of our team (in-person & remote). The Inventory & Assembly Specialist will help foster an environment where team members focus on finding solutions and supporting each other.
- Affinity for Technology: The Inventory & Assembly Specialist will be a savvy technology user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology.
- Education: High School diploma or higher
- Experience: 1-3 years in inventory management
- Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
- Technology: comfortable using a Mac computer and inventory management software
- Experience with SOS Inventory, Ship Hero, Monday.com (or Asana), WooCommerce
Skills and Abilities
You are a strong fit for this position if the statements below are true for you:
- You fully embrace technology and dive into any opportunity to learn new systems and ways of doing things
- You’re hyper focused on getting the details right — you don’t let little things slip through the cracks
- You delight in going over-the-top to make people happy, and always over-deliver
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
- You take relationships seriously and staying connected with people is a high priority for you in your life
- You do whatever it takes. The phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You do great work autonomously AND as part of a highly collaborative team
- You’re a born go-getter. You are always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, and build others up
- You are inherently compassionate and believe that most people are doing the very best they can
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2023 with the following details:
- Step #1: Take your personality assessment here: www.16personalities.com
- Step #2: Email email@example.com with:
- Your Assessment results link from step #1 (find it in the email you get from 16personalities.com under the “View Your Profile” button
- Your resume
- 3-5 sentences on why we should hire you
- How you heard about this position
- Please use the subject, “Inventory & Assembly Specialist” in the email
If you want to step into a role with great leadership opportunities, enjoy diving into all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you! Want to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do
We help families to start talking in a foreign language the exact same day they start.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping families to actually be able to use a foreign language every single day through our TalkBox.Mom subscription boxes, phrasebooks, and companion app with native speaker audio.
We lead a fun-loving, dedicated team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Adelaide Olguin from speaking at the Great Homeschool Conventions and other educational conferences, or from the TalkBox.Mom program and webinars she offers to help families to start talking in a foreign language. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our Team Values
- RELENTLESS WOW: In all our work, our goal is to widely exceed the expectations of our team and customers through high-quality, detail-oriented, and customer-centric innovation with a focus on data and improvement.
- Total Ownership: When we fail, we own it, resolve it, learn the lesson to avoid it in the future and always focus on getting it right instead of being right.
- Unwavering Integrity: We tell the truth, do what’s right, and honor our commitments even when inconvenient or embarrassing.
- Enthusiastic Collaboration: We are prepared to contribute with a positive attitude without skipping steps, to respectfully give and receive constructive criticism to reach our goals, and to always prioritize what is best for TalkBox.Mom and our TalkBox.Mom families.
- Continuously Deepen Expertise: We’re experts in our roles, and we never stop striving to improve our skills through professional trainings, books, and the guidance of other experts; we constantly improve ourselves, our operations, and our products.
- Working from Intentional Rest: We intentionally set a schedule for our work, keeping it transparent and up to date, as well as intentionally but privately set a schedule for our personal life, which allows us to come to work invigorated and ready to make our greatest contributions.
- Good Food and Fun: We allow fun to shine through our work so our customers can feel it!
Team TalkBox.Mom Perks
Did we forget to mention all of the TalkBox.Mom perks? We’re fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation and ample company paid holidays.
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- What can we say? We really like each other! We like to work hard and play hard!
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Adelaide left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At TalkBox.Mom, we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
- Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities, so let us know where you want to be, and we’ll help you get there!
- One business club book per month
- One class training per quarter
- Industry Professional Meeting Group or Event