We’re looking for an amazing, full-time (30-40 hours per week) Executive Assistant to join our team of A Players and support our CEO, Adelaide Olguin. If you are a highly organized administrative professional with experience supporting executives, read on to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
This is a full-time role, reporting to our CEO. For this role, you’ll need to live in or near Farmers Branch, TX and be willing to work in our office 5 days per week. Typical hours for this role are 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday; on occasion there is a need to work additional hours on evenings and weekends during a launch or other events throughout the year.
The mission of the Executive Assistant is to stay five steps ahead of their leader, tracking all of the administrative details, and clearing the path for her to make her greatest contribution to our business. The Executive Assistant will be a key asset to Adelaide by anticipating needs at an exceptionally high level, allowing her to develop vision and strategy for all aspects of TalkBox.Mom so that we can reach our revenue and profitability goals.
While repetitive tasks are certainly part of this position, the tasks assigned can vary from week to week based on Adelaide’s needs and the needs of the business. The most important responsibility of the Executive Assistant is to ensure that administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high level of efficiency, confidentiality, accuracy, flexibility, and positivity.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Meeting management including preparing agendas, printing reports, taking notes, distributing action items, and arranging catering
- Communicating on Adelaide’s behalf both internally and externally
- Email management on behalf of Adelaide using Gmail and HelpScout applications
- Running errands and attending in person meetings multiple times per week
- Checking the P.O. Box several times per week and processing mail to various departments
- Complex calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally) on behalf of Adelaide
- Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and ordering gifts/flowers, etc.
- Light project management and accounts payable duties
- Weekly expense reporting
- Light design work with Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Light marketing support
- Quality Communication: The EA must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, chat messages, text messages and/or emails.
- High Level of Discretion: Since our EA will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must.
- Team Player: In addition to working directly with Adelaide, the EA will also work with members of our overall (mostly remote) team. The EA will need to collaborate and communicate well with these remote team members, maintaining a can-do spirit and not complaining, making excuses, or gossiping.
- Anticipating Needs: As a part of our commitment to enabling Adelaide to serve our company and customers at the top of her game, our EA will strive to anticipate needs and eliminate friction at work and home whenever possible. This means you know how to stay five steps ahead of your leader, clearing the path for her to make her greatest contribution.
- Affinity for Technology: Our executive assistant will be a technologically savvy Mac user and will not be intimidated by learning new technology.
- Education: High School diploma or higher
- Experience: 1-3 years supporting executive(s)
- Physical: Ability to bend, reach, and lift boxes and office supplies up to 30 lbs.
- Job Type: Full Time, $14 – $16 per hour, based on experience
Skills and Abilities
You are a strong fit for this position if the statements below are true for you:
- You fully embrace technology and dive into any opportunity to learn new systems and ways of doing things
- You’re hyper focused on getting the details right — you don’t let little things slip through the cracks
- You delight in going over-the-top to make people happy, and always over-deliver
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment
- You take relationships seriously and staying connected with people is a high priority for you in your life
- You do whatever it takes. The phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You do great work autonomously AND as part of a highly collaborative team
- You’re a born go-getter. You are always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, and build others up
- You are inherently compassionate and believe that most people are doing the very best they can
If you’d like to be considered for this role, please respond to [email protected] by July 31, 2020 with the following details:
- Step #1: Take your personality assessment here: www.16personalities.com
- Step #2: Email [email protected] with:
- Your Assessment results link from step #1 (find it in the email you get from 16personalities.com under the “View Your Profile” button
- Your resume
- 3-5 sentences on why we should hire you
- How you heard about this position
- Please use the subject, “Executive Assistant” in the email
If you want to step into a role with great leadership opportunities, enjoy diving into all the details and have an entrepreneurial spirit, this just might be the role for you! What to learn a little bit more about us? Keep reading!
What We Do
We help families to start talking in a foreign language the exact same day they start.
In everything we do, we aim to inspire confidence and action. Our signature service is helping families to actually be able to use a foreign language every single day through our TalkBox.Mom subscription boxes, phrasebooks, and companion app with native speaker audio.
We lead a fun-loving, dedicated team that is committed to excellence, always sees the upside to any situation, and maintains the strength and flexibility to change course as our business evolves.
You might know Adelaide Olguin from speaking at the Great Homeschool Conventions and other educational conferences, or from the TalkBox.Mom program and webinars she offers to help families to start talking in a foreign language. To learn more about our fearless leader, check out the details here.
Our Team Values
- Excellence and Pride in our Work: If we’re going to do it, we’re going to put all our talent and love into it, and we’re going to finish it all the way.
- Commitment: To our projects, our processes, our deadlines, our TalkBox.Mom families, our team, and our own families
- Team Player: We work hard to reach our goals as a team. We respect each other. We strengthen each other. And we don’t leave each other hanging.
- Growth Oriented: for our company, our expertise, our family, and ourselves.
- Honesty: We feel comfortable telling each other how it really is and hearing that same feedback too!
- Good Food and Fun: What would life be without this?!
Team TalkBox.Mom Perks
Did we forget to mention all of the TalkBox.Mom perks? We’re fast-paced and rapidly growing. Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who enjoy coming into work. But these awesome perks help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation and paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays.
- Never working on your birthday again! Hit the beach or the spa, we don’t care what you do, just don’t come to work!
- What can we say? We really like each other! We like to work hard and play hard! Plus you’ll be workin’ for Adelaide Olguin!
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Adelaide left that behind years ago for a reason and has created something entirely different! Have a question? Have an emergency? Having a bad day? At TalkBox.Mom, we’re all family and here to support you however we can!
- Something you’ve always wanted to learn? We offer annual professional and personal development opportunities, so let us know where you want to be, and we’ll help you get there!