We’d love to (responsibly) see you this year at one of the many conventions we will be attending!
HEALTH & FAMILY SAFETY
Your family’s health and safety is very important to us. All of the conference venues will be following the CDC guidelines and laws for each specific State, County, and City. Our team will be following these guidelines as well. In the event that a conference is not safe, that conference will be cancelled.
Adelaide will be speaking at select locations with three sessions. In the event that Adelaide is speaking at another conference, thee TalkBoxDad, Hector, will be speaking!
// Travel Session //
:: A Step-By-Step Plan for Creating Educational Vacations That Your Kids Don’t Hate or Forget
Want to bring your homeschooling alive by experiencing what you’re learning? But you’re worried the trip will be a waste of time and money because your kids won’t remember it like you want them to! Totally get it! After many years of traveling to foreign countries and around the United States, my kids are experts on the geography, history, culture, and language of places we travel. In this workshop, I’ll give you a step-by-step plan for getting your kids invested in your trip, helping them take ownership of what they’re learning, and documenting your trip after you get back in a way that has your kids remembering the academic goldmine you curated for them in your travels… instead of remembering that one restaurant you made them eat at and hated.
// Language Session //
:: Create a LANGUAGE IMMERSION Homeschool—Even if You Only Know English
Want a foreign language to be a part of your homeschool? But your family is either stuck learning vocab words instead of immersing yourself in the language by talking in it together or the whole idea of learning a foreign language is super overwhelming? I grew up monolingual and learned to conjugate verbs in high school Spanish but could barely put a sentence together without loads of anxiety. Now, my family has learned multiple languages together and we’ve transformed our homeschool day into a full immersion experience.
// Self Help //
:: The Perfectionist in the Room
Do you feel like it’s impossible to not be a homeschooling perfectionist even though you see how it’s ruining your kid’s educational experience? If you’re stuck on making sure you have “checked every box or else!” no judgement! As a constantly recovering perfectionist, I know exactly how damaging this can be. I’ve learned how to shift from a perfectionist to a high achiever, which completely changes the tone of our homeschool. In this session, I’ll help you shift your mindset so you can shift your homeschool–instead of constantly running into friction and unmet expectations.
CONFERENCES & WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
March 18-20 Great Homeschool Convention, Greenville, South Carolina
Workshops with Adelaide
- The Perfectionist in the Room Thursday, March 18 at 2:30 pm. Room 202B
- A Step-By-Step Plan for Creating Educational Vacations That Your Kids Don’t Hate or Forget Friday, March 19 at 4:00 pm. Room 202B
- Create a LANGUAGE IMMERSION Homeschool—Even If You Only Know English Saturday, March 20 at 11:30 am. Room 102A
March 18-20 Teach Them Diligently, Nashville, Tennessee (with Hector!)
Workshops with Hector
- A Step-By-Step Plan for Creating Educational Vacations That Your Kids Don’t Hate or Forget Thursday, March 18 at 7:50 pm Room Governor’s AE
- Create a LANGUAGE IMMERSION Homeschool—Even if You Only Know English Saturday, March 20 at 1:00 pm. Room Bayou AB
March 25-27 Teach Them Diligently, Rogers, Arkansas
Workshops with Hector
- Create a LANGUAGE IMMERSION Homeschool—Even if You Only Know English Friday, March 26 at 3:40 pm. Room Commerce C
- A Step-By-Step Plan for Creating Educational Vacations That Your Kids Don’t Hate or Forget Saturday, March 27 at 1:00 pm. Room Commerce C
March 25-27 Great Homeschool Convention, St. Charles, Missouri
Workshops with Adelaide
- The Perfectionist in the Room Thursday, March 25 at 2:30 pm. Room 105-LL
- A Step-by-Step Plan for Creating Educational Vacations That Your Kids Don’t Hate or Forget Friday, March 26 at 4:00 pm. Room Ballroom D – 1 – UL
- Create a LANGUAGE IMMERSION Homeschool—Even If You Only Know English Saturday, March 27 at 8:30 am. Room Jr. Ballroom D – LL
This list will be updated with speaking times and room numbers as that information becomes available.
April 22-24 Teach Them Diligently, Round Rock, Texas
May 6-8 Teach Them Diligently, Mobile, Alabama
May 27-29 THSC Woodlands, Woodlands, Texas
June 17-19 Great Homeschool Convention, Ontario, California
July 8-10 Great Homeschool Convention, Round Rock, Texas
July 16-17 AFHE, Phoenix, Arizona
July 22-24 Great Homeschool Convention, Jacksonville, Florida
August 5-7 Great Homeschool Convention, Rochester, New York
August 12-14 Great Homeschool Convention, Cincinnati, Ohio